I love pesto and have never made it until now. I purchased some basil plants at my local grocer and had to try this recipe. Here is the link to the original recipe.
This was very tasty!! went beautifully on my zucchini pasta. Enjoy!!
Makes 1/2 cup
· ¾ cup packed basil leaves
· 3 tablespoons pine nuts (I used sunflower seeds and apparently you can also use hemp - or probably any other nut)
· 1 garlic clove (i used 1 large and 1 small clove)
· ¾ teaspoon lemon juice
· ¼ teaspoon sea salt
· 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
*** I also added about a Tbsp of nutritional yeast******
1. Lightly toast the nuts in a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Place all ingredients except for oil in a small food processor.
3. Slowly incorporate the oil while the machine is running, until a smooth paste has formed. Continue blending for 15 seconds to thin the sauce out.
4. Alternatively, crush all of the ingredients in a mortar and pestle and blend until smooth.