Sunday 6 October 2013

Easy Spicy Salmon Frittata

I found this recipe while searching for a use for canned salmon. I LOVE salmon and try to get more of it in my diet so when i found this, I was very excited! This dish was very tasty so I was very happy not to have to share with my husband (he HATES salmon).  Here is the link to the original recipe. I didn't have fresh cilantro so I added 1 tsp of coriander spice with the other spices. I also added about 1/4 cup of broccoli. Enjoy!



Ingredients:


  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste
  • 6 grass fed eggs beaten
  • 1/2 cup wild canned salmon (I didn't measure and used the entire can)
  • 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350. Chop the peppers and onions, then mince the garlic.

Melt the coconut oil in an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Cook the green pepper and onion for a few minutes then add garlic.

Add the cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Add in the halved tomatoes once the other veggies have cooked down a little.

Once the tomatoes have softened cooked a bit, sprinkle in the salmon distributing it evenly.

Pour in the eggs, making sure the contents are covered. Add a little more salt and pepper.

Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set. Remove from the oven and top with fresh cilantro.

Slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment