Wow! made this today since i LOVE mango and PLANTAINS!!! this recipe is from the PaleOMG website (http://paleomg.com/plantain-mango-beef/) - this is a GREAT site for simple recipes! plus she's very funny :) try this one, i think you will like it.
- 1 (12 oz) TX Organics Sirloin Steak, cut into strips (I used a grass fed steak I had in the freezer from a local farmer)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 plantain, ends removed, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch pieces, smashed (use a ripe one-brownish color)
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fat of choice (I used coconut oil)
- Heat up a large skillet under medium heat and add a tablespoon of coconut oil then add your 2 minced garlic cloves and sliced onions.
- While the onions begin to cook down, place a medium saucepan over heat and add two tablespoons of coconut oil. When the oil is hot, add your smashed plantains to the hot oil and let cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, careful not to burn them (like I’m good at).
- While your plantains cook, add your sirloin steak to your onion pan. Use tongs to flip the meat continuously to not overcook.
- One meat has almost cooked through (2-3 minutes), add your mango, garlic powder, red pepper, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes until meat is cooked to your preference and spices are thoroughly incorporated then remove from heat.
- When your plantains are cooked on both sides (have a browning to them) remove from heat, place on a paper towel to remove the excess oil, then add to your beef and mango mixture.