Sunday 9 September 2012

Easy Raw Chocolate Bark

Made this today and glad I did. I found the recipe on the www.Detoxinista.com website.  If you are craving choc fast, this is the recipe! seriously, I doubt I will buy another choc bar!!! at least I know what's in it. Next time, I will double the recipe (maybe triple!) and add coconut and/or nuts. yum yum!

It’s guilt-free, and happens to be incredibly fast and easy to prepare. Loaded with healthy fats from coconut oil, antioxidant-rich cocoa powder, and lightly sweetened with honey, this rich, dark chocolate will melt-in-your-mouth and can be enjoyed in minutes!
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon honey
Directions:
In a small bowl, combine all three ingredients and mix until well combined. Taste the mixture, and adjust sweetness, to taste.
(I made this twice today, the first time I added some cinnamon and the second time I added some orange extract)
*It’s important that the coconut oil is not melted, or the coconut oil and cocoa powder will separate while setting. For a smooth texture, solid or softened coconut oil is best.
Place in the freezer to set for 20 minutes, then use a sharp knife to cut into bite-sized chunks.  Eat direct from the freezer and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried it and loved it! satisfied my chocolate craving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually melted my coconut oil. It wasn't that bad. Since the recipe is equal amounts, I used 1 cup cocoa and 1 cup of coconut oil (melted) with honey to taste. It did separate a bit but I find it ok because I had placed them in mini muffin cups so I could just pop one in my mouth. You got the dark chocolate taste first and then the sweetness came after. It was a nice combo. I may keep making them like that. Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete